Meet the guide at the airport and then transfer to check in the hotel.
Today you are guided to visit the grand Tian’anmen Square—world’s biggest city square, the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven.
- Tian'anmen Square: It is the largest city square in the world, representing symbol of China's national pride, surrounded by many grand buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Forbidden City: Built from 1406-1420 during the Ming Dynasty, the Imperial Palace, popularly known as the Forbidden City, was the permanent residence of the emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368-1911). It covers over 720,000 square meters of floor space, with more than 8,700 rooms, surrounded by city wall as high as ten meters and a city moat as wide as 52 meters.
- Temple of Heaven: At the Temple of Heaven Emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368-1911) worshiped Heaven and prayed for good harvests. A masterpiece of the Ming and Qing architectural art and a precious example of China's ancient architecture, the Temple of Heaven is the largest architectural group for worshipping Heaven in the world. In 1961, it was listed by the State Council as a key monument under state protection." In 1998, it was recognized by UNESCO as a human heritage of the world."
Visit the imposing Great Wall and the Sacred Way of Ming Tombs. Enjoy Roasted Duck as dinner at Hepingmen Quanjude.
- Great Wall, Mutianyu: This section of Great Wall is less crowded. You may take cable car to a good section where you may walk along the wall. Then you may have a sight of the surroundings.Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Sacred Way (Ming Tombs): Beijing is ever the capital of Ming Dyansty. Ming Tombs are where 13 Kings of Ming are buried. Sacred Way is an attractive tree-lined way leading to the Ming Tombs. It is bordered by 12 sets of animal and human statues, and includes the attractive Great Red Gate,
- Roasted Duck at Xiushuidian: Enjoy the Peking Roasted Duck as dinner. It is the most famous food in Beijing.
Huntong tour by rickshaw. Then continue to Lama Temple.
- Hutong Tours in Rickshaw: Hutong, a kind of alleyways featured in Beijing. Take a rickshaw tour around the Hutong. Your can a visit with a local family and have a close view of Bejing people’s daily life.
- Lama Temple: Yonghe Lamasery is the largest and most famous Tibetan. In the temple there is the world’s largest wooden statue (the Matreiya Buddha)and Tibetan exhibitions.
Tranfer to the airport to take the flight to Chongqing. After arriving Chongqing, visit Ciqikou Old Town, Goose Neck Park, and Panda Room in Chongqing Zoo. Embark and depart Chongqing at 22:00.
- Ciqikou Old Town: A old street with hundreds of years’ history. Walking on this street you may see houses of old wood , old shops and pier and local street performance.
- Chongqing Zoo: Visit the Panda Room in this zoo. You may have a close sightseeing of the lovely pandas. Also you this zoo you may have the chance to see the lesser pandas South China Tigers, Gloden Hair Monkeys and some other national protected animals.
- Goose Neck Park: At Goose Neck Park, you may have a good view of the city and the Yangtze River. There is a grand mural of the Yangtze River showing the water level before the Three Gorges Dam was built.
Shore excursion to Fengdu Ghost City (8:00-10:00am).
- Fengdu Ghost City: According to Chinese legend , Fengdu is the place where the devils live. People say that spirits go to heaven, and evil goes to Fengdu . Walking in Fengdu, you may see deserted streets with empty shops and banks, which will make you feel eerie.
Shore excursion to Shennong Stream(1:30-5:30pm).
- Shennong Stream: The 60-kilometer flows north to south through deep gorges and finally merges with the Yangtze at the mouth of the Wu Gorge. The Shennong Stream is indeed a very attractive scenic spot， with its crystal unpolluted water and the beautiful sights along it.
Visit the Three Gorges Dam and then disembark at Yichang at 1:00 pm. Then continue to tranfer to the airport to take the flight toBeijing. Upon arrival, transfer to check in the hotel.
- The Three Gorges: Occupying an area along the Yangtze River from Yichang to the ancient city of Baidi City, the Three Gorges boasts of its unique natural beauty. Now Chinese government is building the imposingThree Gorges Dam, following upon the dream of Dr. Sun Yat Sun to cultivate this impoverished area of China.
Take your return flight. Home Sweet Home.