Water Towns Tours
Maybe you have been to Venice. But China water town is still worthwhile your visiting. They are totally different. They have unique beauties than you can find nowhere else. In Yangtze River Delta, there are numerous such ancient towns such as Zhou Zhuang, Wuzhen, Xitang, ZhuJiaJiao, Mudu, Luzhi and Tongli. Those century old towns have their stories polished by time. Take a boat cruise on crisscrosss rivers, passing by small bridges, century-old local residences and friendly people. Never miss the chance to be part of this amazing picture.
※ Zhou Zhuang - paradise for a leisure life
※ Wuzhen – a showcase of scenic south China, living fossil showing the old oriental civilization;
※ Xitang – a living ancient town with a history of more than one thousand years;
※ Zhujiajiao - boats sailing on the water and people touring in painting
※ Mudu - garden-like ancient township on water;
※ Luzhi – a town of bridges and winding rivers;※Tongli - small bridge, flowing stream and thatched households, with a World Cultural Heritage - Tuisi Garden.
Water Towns Tours(5 lines in this page. )
- Destination: tongli
- Highlights: Tong Li is a town in Wujiang county, on the outskirts of Suzhou. It is known for a system of canals reminiscent of Venice, Italy. In 2004, Tong Li together with Luzhi and Zhouzhuang were listed in the tentative list for UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Destination: wuzhen
- Highlights: On both sides of a slabstone-paved street stand pubs, restaurants, pawnshops, weaving and dyeing establishments, and other businesses, all housed in wooden structures of brown. Rivers and creeks spanned with stone bridges in various designs flow through the town, and the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal passes by. Old waterside houses and outside corridors can be found here and there. This is the ancient town of Wuzhen.
- Destination: xitang
- Highlights: Xitang is an ancient scenic town, Zhejiang Province, China. It is level, densely distributed with rivers, and has a very quiet natural environment. With nine rivers converging at this town, dividing it into eight sections, there are many bridges linking it together.The modern city is like any other, however, in the older section of town, all the buildings face onto the canals, the true transportation system of the area. Boat tours are available for tourists.
- Destination: zhouzhuang
- Highlights: Zhou Zhuang has been known as "township and the island", characterized by the picturesque water county scenery--- a perfect combination of exquisite bridges, limpid rivers and quaint houses.
- Destination: zhujiajiao
- Highlights: Zhujiajiao is a typical ancient water town in the south of the Yangtze River. Located in west Shanghai, it only takes about one hour to get there by bus from Shanghai Downtown. There are a lot of things you can see at Zhujiajiao, such as the well-preserved Ming and Qing architecture, ancient stone bridges, ancient streets, etc.
6 Result(s) . Total Page: 2 1 2 >